Music For One Occassion





:: Beer Drinkin' Music ::

Yes, I post a lot of old country music. Sue me. Hey, did anyone watch the country music awards show the other night? Me either. I can't stand the shit that passes for country these days. Happy music for happy people in cowboy hats driving their kids to soccer games in SUVs. Fuck that shit. Of course I didn't like country music back when most of the records I now dig were released either, so maybe 30 years from now... I'll be dead!

One thing I like about the old stuff is that there's usually an element of sadness running through it that I can relate to, even if I've never driven a truck for a living. On any given Friday like today, I can certainly relate to Ray Sanders' request for a little Beer Drinkin' Music. Right the fuck on. Care to join me?


Mike
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Friday, November 10, 2006 8:24:00 AM

Thanks, Mike. Love your country music posts. We're in the same demographic, pretty much. I hated country music when I grew up with it--my parents were into Tom T. Hall and Kris Kristofferson a long fuckin'time ago, how square could that be, and now I love that stuff. Same on modern country--give me a break.

How similar are we? Well, have you REALLY enjoyed the last couple of days, politically speaking??? I suspect so, but won't make any hasty judgements.

Great posts. Keep it up.    



Friday, November 10, 2006 9:51:00 AM

Thanks Brad. I thought about making some politically charged statements in my Tuesday morning post, but then thought better of it. Turns out I didn't need to. Yay!

Mike    



Friday, November 10, 2006 2:41:00 PM

You need to wash that potty mouth out with soap, mister.    



» Post a Comment