What's So Funny?





:: Peace Message ::

A while ago, I did a piece about Rabbi Abraham Feinberg, who was like this old dude, who befriended John & Yoko back when they were doing bed-ins for peace. For some reason I remembered this bootleg record which belonged to my wife before I confiscated all her records some 30 years ago. Most of the LP is the typical Let It Be outtakes, only these came out before the official release. Of course there are ridiculous amounts of hours of these sessions currently available, and much of it is uninspired. I'm ignoring all that though and focusing instead on this narrative thing staring a very talkative John Lennon & the irrepressible Yoko Ono. When I listened to it recently, it struck me as being an earnest, alternate point of view about a situation that is eerily similar to the kind of situation we find ourselves in today. They're naive, yes, but charmingly so. So sure of themselves, even if they're not sure what they're sure about. Lennon, viewed as a Messiah by a large number of people, using his pulpit to full advantage, with this strange, strong woman always at his side. Go John & Yoko, go!

Here are some snippets from the track that I think would make for some dandy song titles:

That's Your Flag
Get Your Sheets Out
Don't Believe That Jazz
Make Your Parents Hip To That
Hype From The Old Days
A Very Big Child
That's About It, Init?


Mike
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »