Memories Of Torrance





:: Kids Of Torrance High - I'll Never Fall in Love Again ::

Way back in 1970, while I was still sloshing around in my father’s nutsack, the students of Torrance High were kind enough to record their Spring “Pops” concert and encase it inside this pretty puke-colored album cover. I’d actually picked this up with the intention of handing it over to everyone’s favorite Torrance resident, Record Robot Mike, during one of our Torrance backyard barbeque summer get-togethers, but as usual - I forgot. This weekend, in flipping through the ever-increasing stack of stuff I haven’t listened to yet, I came across it and popped it on the turntable. Tucked between mind-numbing selections from Music Man and My Fair Lady by the Torrance High School Orchestra was this vocal trio doing a nice little rendition of “I’ll Never Fall in Love Again.” I’d heard The Carpenters version of this song many times before, and just assumed it was one of their original songs. But five minutes ago, I looked it up to find that it’s a Burt Bacharach tune, and both Bobbie Gentry and Dionne Warwick had hits with it. Oh, there’s so many new things to learn when investigating the wonderful world of music, folks.


Last week a few readers requested one more song from The New World of Leonard Nimoy. Here ya go: Time to Get it Together


Phil-anthropist
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Monday, November 06, 2006 3:32:00 PM

Ooh. That hit's close to home. Literally. Thanks Phil!

Mike    



Monday, November 06, 2006 5:44:00 PM

Thank you for the Leonard Nimoy song! Now I have 'em all!    



Tuesday, November 07, 2006 9:23:00 AM

Yes, thank you for "Time To Get It Together". You made my day! (seriously!)    



Tuesday, July 03, 2007 9:41:00 PM

Hi!
Sorry to bother you again, but after I got everything by Leonard Nimoy my computer crashed! I've been able to find all but this song again! Could you please put up "Time To Get It Together" again?
Thank you!    



» Post a Comment