Mega Hurts





:: 01 Water Is The Window ::

:: 02 Sitcom ::

:: 03 Little More Time ::

:: 04 The American Dreamer ::

:: 05 On The Roof ::

:: 06 Radio ::

:: 07 Danskin Danceking Demons ::

:: 08 The Last Rainbow ::

:: 09 Gizmo Su ::

This was one of those homemade albums I simply had to take a chance on. Self released in 1981, this Voltz character recorded the album in his bedroom, utilizing Drum Drops because real drums would've caused a horrible racket and Larry's Mom would have gotten totally pissed. On the one hand, this is a very impressive effort. He obviously put a lot of work into it in an age before Protools put magnetic tape manufacturers out of business. On the other hand, this is some real pompous over the top weird shit.

Sample lyrics:
"It's good for the land and we'll relieve all this commotion
Our nuclear plants can sail upon the ocean
a novel idea they're such clever sharks
I think I see a killer whale glowing in the dark"
(from "Sitcom")

At least that sort of makes sense. I couldn't pick up on the lyrics while listening to the album, so I finally forced myself to read the lyrics printed on the back. I still can't pick up on the lyrics and I don't want to. He seems to be upset over environmental issues and stuff like credit cards and bad TV. Who isn't?



In any case, this is a very ambitious effort, and one can't help but wonder if Larry ever found the inspiration and wherewithal to make another album. Hmmm?


Mike
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Friday, February 16, 2007 9:06:00 AM

Seriously, I'm having a hell of a time picking a favorite track. What an incredible find. So over-the-top it's beyond reproach. Every second of "Gizmo Su" easily tops the last second just played. Oh, the drama! I can't stifle my laughter. And that COVER!!! Nice fucking job, my man.    



Monday, February 19, 2007 10:07:00 AM

I'm speechless. This is by far the best bedroom record I've ever heard.

So much so I had to find out more of the story... and a quick Google search reveals the story to be:

http://www.comedy.hypnosis.ac/

"Dr." Larry Voltz (I'm rather suspect about his doctorate of medicine credentials) is now a PROFESSIONAL HYPNOTIST-slash-LAUGHMAKER.

Why is this not-at-all surprising?

THE FUTURE BELONGS TO LARRY!!!!!!!!    



Monday, February 19, 2007 7:23:00 PM

I saw that too, but if you look, the hypnotist's last name is Volz, not Voltz. Same guy? Who knows. I found another guy who is a conservationist (which kind of goes with the environmental themes on the album), and I emailed him, but never heard back. Larry's out there somewhere. Or is he?

Mike    



Monday, March 05, 2007 7:15:00 PM

I absolutely love this. Thank you so much for posting it. One thing, my favorite song, Water is the Window seems to have a skip in it about 3/4 of the way through. Is there anyway to get a clean track? I would love you even more.

Keep up the great work! Thanks again.    



Monday, March 05, 2007 10:00:00 PM

Yeah, I know about the skip. I tried to clean it, etc., but to no avail. Ya know, sometimes skips can have sentimental value, so deal with it.

Mike    



Tuesday, March 06, 2007 5:19:00 PM

I am dealing appropriately. Thanks all the same. You do the good work.    



Sunday, April 29, 2007 11:53:00 AM

i'm dying to hear this stuff, but the songs don't load for me in the snap shots pop-up window. and right-clicking the links doesn't work either (comes up as page not found). maybe it's because i'm using a Mac. if there's any way to post this stuff in other format, would be much, much appreciated. would love to hear this Larry Voltz.    



Monday, October 21, 2013 8:24:00 PM

I first heard "Danskin Danceking Demons" on bizarrerecords.com and fell in love. I really want to hear the rest of the album, but it won't play for me. If you can repost the tracks, I would be grateful forever and send you rainbows and good juju.

jwoo    



Wednesday, January 08, 2014 6:22:00 PM

Hey!

i would love to hear the songs.... are you able to re-up them?

jem,    



Friday, May 02, 2014 11:53:00 AM

Here you go: http://www.guzzlers.net/the-band.html    



Friday, May 02, 2014 12:07:00 PM

Wow. Thanks!    



Friday, December 15, 2023 3:36:00 AM

hermes birkin
jordan travis scott
jordan 4
jordan outlet
jordan shoes
yeezy
yeezy 500
palm angels outlet
bape official
golden goose outlet
   



» Post a Comment