Film School





:: The Longest Way ::

Some time in 2005, I downloaded an mp3 from Insound or somewhere like that, of a band called Film School, who I'd heard before from some Epitonic stalking I'd done a few years before. The mp3 was Harmed and it instantly became my favorite song. I wanted to get the album right away. But it wasn't due out for some ridiculous (to me, the rabid) amount of months. A little later on I learned that Harmed was to be a 7", so I snatched that up posthaste. Even the b-side was delicious.

Eventually in 2006, the full length album came out, and it became my favorite album of that year. Maybe of the last 2 or 3 years, judging by the fact that I will actually sit down and listen to it all the way through, something I rarely ever do in these days of the constant shuffle. I'm only putting up the non-album b-side because I really want you to spend your money on them. This song is a lot more subdued than the album, but there's the hints of what they're about even at this quiet pace. So forgive my quick sidestep into current times, and if you like this song, there's plenty more goodness on the album.



Tony
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Sunday, February 11, 2007 2:49:00 PM

If this track is in any way indicative of their album, i definitely want to here more. Thanks for the post, tony. It helped clear some of the cobwebs blowing in my head.    



Monday, February 12, 2007 5:43:00 AM

boring    



» Post a Comment