Even Welker





:: Love is Blue ::

:: We Can Fly ::

:: Goin' Out of My Head ::

:: Talk to the Animals ::

:: Can't Take My Eyes Off You ::

:: Green Tambourine ::

:: Watch What Happens ::

:: Spooky ::

:: Am I That Easy to Forget ::

:: The Other Man's Grass Is Always Greener ::

It’s been some time since Lawrence Welk made an appearance on these pages, so I thought we’d get back on track by featuring his seminal 1968 LP, Love is Blue. Though it never became a big seller, Love is Blue has been influential since the day it was released. Euphorically received in Japan, it was praised by the press and championed by top musicians. Paul McCartney went so far as to say, “I’ve often played Love is Blue and cried. I love the orchestra…the arrangements…it sends shivers up me spine.” Beatles producer George Martin stated that, “Without Love is Blue, The White Album would never have happened…The White Album was an attempt to equal Love is Blue.” Bob Dylan gushed when speaking of Welk’s talents: “That ear – I mean, Jesus, he’s got to will that to the Smithsonian.” Upon listening to the album for the first time, John Lydon enthused, “Lawrence Welk is a cunt.

Due to such laudatory praise, I can not and will not break up the sequencing of this tour de force. Instead, I offer it up whole for your auditory gratification.


Phil
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Thursday, February 08, 2007 10:28:00 AM

Thanks Record Robot for finally doing this album justice. Why has it never been available on CD? WHY? WHY? From what I understand, the Welk estate is not allowing Apple to make the tracks available for download via iTunes until they're properly remastered. Well, they sound fucking great here! Thanks again!    



Friday, February 09, 2007 6:58:00 PM

A supreme "tour de force" indeed from the grandmaster, the champagne-king, Mr. Lawrence Welk! I heartily agree, re-master and re-lease! Love Is Blue! Thank you for sharing the music!    



Monday, April 09, 2007 3:32:00 AM

I'm sad. Neither these tracks nor the Tiny Bradshaw single that I have somewhere in a box are downloading as they seem to be missing from the server. Do you delete all the files after a short time or is my computer playing up?    



Monday, April 09, 2007 6:35:00 AM

Yeah, we take things down after a short while because we don't have enough server space to keep everything up, and also partly because we don't want to leave everything up forever. Early bird...    



» Post a Comment