Teengenerate





:: I Don't Mind ::

:: Wild Weekend ::

:: Right Side of My Mind ::

I’ve been playing nothing but Teengenerate for the last couple of days and lovin’ every minute of it. I’m a babe, sucking on the tit of rock ‘n’ roll purity. I’ve ensconced myself firmly in their discography again, and it’s just as I remembered it: fast, hard, dirty and excellent. It’s difficult to say which one is the best, but today, for me, at this moment, it’s this one. Put out by Dionysus Record in 1994, it’s got two blistering covers - “Wild Weekend” (The Zeros) and “Right Side of My Mind” (The Angry Samoans) – and an equally ferocious original, “I Don’t Mind.” My soul feeds off of the type of electric violence that Fink, Fifi, Sammy and Suck were able to churn out here. But I guess it’s not for everyone. The other day I was in my car, stopped at a red light. “Wild Weekend” was thrashing loudly from my speakers as a prissy little man crossed the street in front of my car. He heard the music, jumped back theatrically, scowled, and flashed me the peace sign. I responded with my middle finger, ‘cause that’s the proper ROCK N ROLL reaction, man.


Phil
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment