Unofficial 100 Sort Of





This morning's post, according to my Blogger Dashboard, was #100 on the Robot. Now, some of those posts weren't actually articles, they were crap like this. But 100 is 100, and I'm sure we've put up about 100 songs so far. So on this nearly semi-momentous occasion, we'd just like to thank everyone for reading, and thank everyone who has given us additional information, love, and corrections when we needed 'em. I know that our style is kind of smart ass, and we give some of these artists and songs a hard time, but it's all in fun. I also want to thank all the folks in our Good Folks link section, they share the same practically unhealthy passion we do for this sort of thing, and it's really nice to feel like we're not the only obsessive nuts out there.

We're hoping to do some new things here in the not too distant future, including a cover gallery for things we pick up because they look hilarious, but turn out to be so awful that they don't even merit a write-up. Think how bad or boring you'd have to be to meet that criteria. We've also been talking about t-shirts and stickers. Actually, we've been talking about that since before we launched the site, because our good friend Matt Tragesser has done such a great job with our Robot. I want to thank him for taking all my last minute requests, and making us look more professional than we ever deserved to. Since that last sentence sounded like a eulogy or an awards show acceptance speech, I'll shut the hell up now. Well, I'll almost shut the hell up. One last thing -- I gave the Record Robot a MySpace account, because I felt that would really, you know, complete us. So be our friend, if you are into that sorta thing. Only it's not working right now, so I'll post that info later. I hope this doesn't have anything to do with me initially putting down that the Robot is only 5 months old. It's nice that they want to protect us from becoming a sex baby, but come ON.

Cheers,
Tony
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment