This Blog Tacitly Condones The Murder Of Hippies





:: The Deadbeats - Kill The Hippies ::

"Kill the Hippies" was a sentiment I could relate to when I bought this record in 1978. I was plenty sick of 'em by then, and since the whole peace and love thing didn't really work out, fuck it. Punk rock!

This is the other Dangerhouse 7" I own (the other one is by The Alleycats as featured here earlier). The artwork on this one is really cool, with a big fold out sleeve. Unfortunately, I didn't get the clear or colored vinyl, but I'll live with it. I can't remember where I bought my punk 7"s back in the day. Most of the cool record stores in my area had been killed off by chains like The Wherehouse and Licorice Pizza by then. There was a time when I could tell you exactly where and when I bought every one of my records, but that was when I was like 16 and owned only about 100 LPs. I think I got this one at this little shop in the village in Redondo. Same place I picked up the first two West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band albums for about .25 each.

Anyway, this record sounds great. It seems to have been recorded well, and it's a very nice pressing. It's a 4 song EP that plays at 45 RPM and every song's a hit. Too bad the Deadbeats didn't stick around longer. Their sound was definitely a forerunner to a lot of stuff that came later. This B sider, "Final Ride" is good and goofy, but menacing at the same time. Ah, nostalgia...


Mike
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Tuesday, September 08, 2020 2:54:00 AM

WOW! I Love it...
and i thing thats good for you >>


THE MOVIE Thank you!    



» Post a Comment