Twirl





:: Lil' Ronnie & The Carousels - Lil' Ronnie Twirl ::

Lil’ Ronnie and The Carousels are the product of “Polish Joe” Fiedor, a Pittsburgh-area Polka DJ and promoter of Polka music from the 50’s thru the ‘70s. He organized this merry band of youngsters, which consisted of his son, Lil’ Ronnie Fiedor, and his nephews. I guess, in a way, we can think of Mr. Fiedor as the Polish-American Maurice Starr. Much of the songs on this album are in Polish, though one track called, “Staro You Lookin’ for a Fight Waltz,” is in broken English with Polish accent, which is kinda funny (Tomorrow mornin’ ven I avake/I go vit partner, fish in de lake). I almost put that one up, but decided to go with “Lil’ Ronnie Twirl,” as it’s the focal point of the record and a bit weird with all the hootin’ and hollerin’ in the background. Plus, Lil’ Ronnie does his part to prove that not all Polka is “happy music,” as his delivery on it is about as exciting as a bag of stale paczkis.


Phil
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 1:46:00 PM

I wish my name was Polish Joe.    



» Post a Comment