And A Port-a-Toilet Swallowed My J





:: Dale Jones - California Jam ::

Hell yeah I remember California Jam! Nineteen seventy fuckin' four, dude! Are you kidding me? I wouldn't have missed that shit for the world! Fuckin' ELP, Sabbath, Seals and fuckin' Crofts. Hell yeah.

Thing is, I was too young to go to Woodstock, or I sure as hell would've been there. 3 days of peace, love and music and shit. Funny, I just realized Woodstock was like the same week as the Tate/LaBianca murders, but oh well, whatever. It was all about the music, man. And the peace and the love. Come to think of it, Charlie Manson made some pretty good music too. Maybe if he was at Woodstock, he would have been mellow.

So it's like 5 years after Woodstock and shit's all boring and shit. Then KMET says there's gonna be this big festival with fuckin' Black Oak Arkansas and The Eagles at this race track out in Bumfuck San Berdino someplace. Sounds radical, like fuckin' Altamont or somethin'. So I'm like, "I'm so fuckin' there, dude!".



Well, it was so fuckin' hot out there, but it was fuckin' great! I was frying on a mellow combo of acid and angel dust, and some chick who looked like Patty Hearst showed us her tits. Made me feel like maybe I wasn't born to late after all. Fuckin' Sabbath didn't play Woodstock. So fuck Woodstock. Cal Jam was my Woodstock, and I'm a better man for it!


Mike

note: This song was taken from a compilation album of songs sent in by listeners of radio station KWST ("K-West") in Los Angeles. K-West was a short lived rock station intended as an alternative to FM rock dinosaurs KMET and KLOS, and was a forerunner to KROQ. There are a few gems on this album (released in 1976), so it may be revisited from time to time on the Robot.

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 3:17:00 PM

o yeah! the orange & yellow sunset letters on the bumper sticker of the late great k-wst. then one day out of nowhere there was some dude named freddy snakeskin.

what the...?

did kroq actually take over that frequency or were they just strong enough that it didn't matter? maybe k-wst was actually 105.9???    



Thursday, February 01, 2007 6:25:00 PM

This is the songwriter. (Dale Jones)

How come the song doesn't play?    



Saturday, August 13, 2022 3:01:00 AM

off white
hermes handbags
bape sta
off-white
golden goose
   



Friday, December 15, 2023 3:29:00 AM

hermes birkin bag
supreme new york
kyrie 6
kd 15
curry 9
   



» Post a Comment