Two Irreverent Covers





:: Uncle Albert ::

:: The Devil Went Down To Texas ::

Hey, you guys like covers? If you do, not only might you dig this offering, but you should definitely strut on over to Copy, Right?, because there's always a bushel of interesting cover versions over there.

What I know, or seem to be able to learn, about Lick Layer And The Lugers wouldn't fill a paragraph here, unfortunately. They are from New York? Well, their label address is New York. From the band photos, it sort of looks like they are made up of college students and a few of their "cool" professors. And, of course, Lugers.



So what you got here is your Paul McCartney interpretation and your, well, your Charlie Daniels interpretation. I am glad for the dissection and regurgitation of The Devil Went Down To Georgia, because that song really annoyed me as a kid. I couldn't rollerskate for shit to it, and they always played that at the Rollerama. That and fucking Eddie Rabbitt's "I Love A Rainy Night." I bet now that he's dead he doesn't love rainy nights so much, what with the rain leaking down into his coffin and all. Aw geez, I'm sorry. I have roller skating issues, I'll admit it. Just because I couldn't get up Sherry Albert's shirt any of the myriad nights I spent rollerskating to music I didn't like, when I didn't even like rollerskating to begin with, doesn't give me the right to mock the corpse of Eddie Rabbitt, who was probably a lovely man other than that fucking annoying song. So enjoy these two wacky, art-damaged covers and pray for my craven soul. Because it's Monday.


Tony
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Monday, October 23, 2006 10:28:00 AM

I miss Eddie Albert.    



Monday, October 23, 2006 1:38:00 PM

I miss Sherry Albert's Prince Albert, post-op.    



Monday, October 23, 2006 1:47:00 PM

You know, I think her name was actually Sherry Alberts, and I just didn't put the apostrophe in the proper place in the post. So all your jokes are now obselete. MUAHAHAHA.

And anyway, Sherry was a blonde, cuz that's what I was into then, but now I really prefer brunettes. So she can have Eddie Rabbitt.    



Saturday, February 24, 2007 9:04:00 AM

seems all copy,right does is say.. hey this is a cool song. go find the mp3 yourself. whats the point?    



Wednesday, November 07, 2007 3:24:00 AM

Great blog!

I was unable to d/l this single. Can you please u/l again? Thanks!    



Wednesday, November 07, 2007 5:21:00 AM

OK, try it now.    



» Post a Comment