I Remember When We Used To Carry On Together





:: Did You See Her Eyes ::

:: Falling In Love ::

We certainly find ourselves talking a lot about Jeff Barry, don't we? Well, the dude is behind a lot of just-unsuccessful-enough acts that we're bound to cover him now and again. So this band, The Illusion, is not to be confused with the 70's British band Illusion, or any other of the other bands called Illusion. Jesus, there's like 5 different Illusions. Why would you choose such a common, obviously-already-taken name when spiffy ones like Anal Cunt and Ass Baboons of Venus were still out there for the taking? Anyway, this Illusion was from Long Island and found itself in the clutches of Jeff Barry, and thus this single was created, and souls were bartered. According to a website I found, this is the original version of the single, which an unsatisfied Barry pulled back only to release a new edit later with him on percussion. Figures.

The a-side is greazy rock, slowly crawling across the shag carpet towards you, so gone that it doesn't even notice you are there. If you listen carefully, you can hear a dirty hippie desperately scraping out some precious resin in the background. The b-side is pure Low Rider oldies stuff, so nostalgically romantic that I am ashamed to report I just tried to neck with my cat. I also think it may have violated some codes about the number of mellow drum fills allowed in a single.

So sit back, put your headphones on, and transport yourself back to two sides of 1969.


Tony
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Friday, October 06, 2006 6:51:00 AM

OMG!!!!! I was sifting through some 45's last night, and looked right at this record wondering if I should bring it up and give it a spin.

I didn't.

I did bring up Robin McNamera who is also on Steed.

..... bbb    



» Post a Comment