See The Bodies In The Bright Sunshine





:: The Magic Of Daytona ::

:: Paradise Bound ::

Am I supposed to be relieved or disappointed when I can find no information about a band? All I really know is that this is not the band Redwing, whose ranks included a pre-Eagle Timothy B. Schmit. I have a feeling this was a local Ohio band who went in someplace where they had single packages and cranked out their two best songs. They may have been buddies with Shattered Class.

I am not sure which side is the A, but both sides are completely different from each other. Magic Of Daytona, an ode to the death place of Dale Earnhardt, is gloriously cheezy rock, with the lead guitarist making like a bar band Carlos Santana while the singer does fluttery things with his voice. Overall it's fairly incongruous; hence, I love it. The other side starts out acoustic but ends up a garage burner with the keys up high in the mix, and panned around and faded out strangely. No fluttery vocals on this one, but the lead guitarist gets his wanks in, don'tchoo worry.


Tony
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 9:57:00 AM

Thats some good chit. Didnt Dale crash only a few yrs ago? Im confused cos i thought 45s were kaput by the time of his death. I couldnt read the label info, the red makes me blind. Do you have the date?

Of all the great mp3 blogs out there, yours is in the top 5.    



Tuesday, October 03, 2006 10:04:00 AM

Thanks for the nice words, Ken.

Sorry for the confusion, I only wanted a more colorful way to say Daytona, that's why I mentioned Earnhardt. There was no date on the 45, but it seems like mid to late 70's or maybe ever very early 80's to me.

And they still make 45's! They are usually called "7 inches" now, because a lot of the time they aren't played at 45rpm, but 33rpm. Actually, it's always been that way, but 45 was a lot easier to say.    



Wednesday, October 11, 2006 8:20:00 PM

the daytona cut should be required listening for all spring breakers..


world b. free    



» Post a Comment