Your Mommy Had No Boobs





:: Test Tube Baby ::

:: Python Snake Man ::

I remember when I was a kid and the whole test tube baby thing was going on. I remember hearing that Orioles pitcher Mike Flanagan had a kid that way. No one really talks about test tube babies anymore, but at the time they were all over the news, both legitimate and tabloid. Naturally, novelty artists picked up on this, and that's how you end up with stuff like this.

This single was probably primarily intended to be played on Dr. Demento, and it appears it was spun at least once on his show. Unfortunately, it's just not funny, and sounds kind of slapdash to me, maybe because it mostly just apes late 50's rock n' roll. I've always liked it, though. I'm not even sure why. Maybe because I find humor in things that are supposed to be funny but end up not funny. Is it my inner 8 year old? Am I weird? Don't answer. I just pictured Ed Asner in a diaper.

I don't know what became of Zilch Fletcher, whether he still resides in our dimension or has floated on through to another one, but he apparently was a known purveyor of novelty songs. That means there are likely better examples of his prowess out there, and I'll probably buy the next one I stumble across.



Tony
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Friday, October 26, 2012 5:30:00 AM

Hey Tony! I am Zilch's daughter and just wanted to let you know...he hasn't "floated on." You can check out more of his stuff on iTunes. Including: "I'm a Zombie," "Armpit Farts" and more.

I put it up on there last summer, so you should check it out!

The Legend Lives!
   



Thursday, July 04, 2013 8:16:00 AM

Hey Zilch's daughter!!! How can I get in touch with Zilch/ I'm an old friend from the 70's. Glad to hear he's doing good. Is his email address good? (myname@myaddress.com) I sent him a letter and would like to hear from him. Apparently he hasn't read it, or he would get back to me. Is he still in the 9th dimension or has he gone back to gallifray? Can you tell him another time lord needs to speak to him. My place in space is listed on the letter I sent him. Louie (Louis) Vodopya If he hasn't gotten it, there must be something wrong with his address. Please get back to me.    



Monday, January 13, 2014 8:13:00 PM

There are others of us who'd like to know / contact Zilch, folks from Mississippi Whiskers in Nashville back-in-the-day. I have tried to find him on Facebook to no avail. Please tell him it's re-entry time : his space-ship is waiting : there could be a reunion upon landing. Mostly, tell him we-all said hey !!    



Saturday, May 03, 2014 8:32:00 PM

Wow! Sorry for my delay. Glad to get the response!


JUST BOOKED! Zilch Fletcher will be headlining at Boiler 54 in Medina, NY on June 28th. Look up their business page on Facebook!

What e-mail address was the "letter" sent to?

-Nada Fletcher ;)
   



Friday, February 20, 2015 12:40:00 PM

Zilch's email address: zilchfletcher@yahoo.com    



Monday, April 06, 2015 9:02:00 AM

zilch.fletcher@yahoo.com **    



» Post a Comment