Puss In Boots





:: Moonshadow ::

:: On the Road to Findout ::

:: Where Do the Children Play ::

:: Wild World ::

:: Miles from Nowhere ::

:: Longer Boats ::

:: Father and Son ::

:: Hard Headed Woman ::

:: Maybe You're Right ::

:: Peace Train ::

:: Sad Lisa ::

:: Changes IV ::

:: Into White ::


Soft rock radio was what my mom and dad always had playing after they crammed me and my four little sisters into our 1972 Buick Riviera for weekend drives to wherever. I still get waves of nausea and carsick flashbacks whenever I hear Fleetwood Mac or radio DJ’s whispering into their microphones. No doubt this is how I heard “Wild World” and “Peace Train” the first time around, but I hadn’t really paid any attention to (the artist formerly known as) Cat Stevens until seeing Wes Anderson’s Rushmore and picking up the soundtrack. Lately I’ve been playing his music more and more. Perhaps I’m turning into my parents, or perhaps my soul yearns for quaint little songs imbued with a refreshing sense of kindness, sans sappiness. So, this live bootleg has taken a few spins this week. On cool blue vinyl, the material is from the Tea for the Tillerman and Teaser and the Firecat albums, so it was most likely recorded in 1971. Two-thirds of it is an un-credited radio broadcast, with the rest from a pretty decent audience recording of a Chicago performance.


Phil
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Monday, July 30, 2007 3:41:00 AM

a brilliant songwriter and performer. his voice is really magical. no one writes songs this well nowadays.    



» Post a Comment