This Is The Story Of A Johnny And A Jane





:: Decastro & Badillo – Talk All You Want Johnny ::

When I cannot find any information at all on an artist or record or record label, I don't know whether to be happy that I have something that rare, or disappointed that I've reached a dead end. This record is one of my favorite finds, and I can't find one damn iota of information about it. The only online mentions I can find of Decastro & Badillo are from someone's podcast, who must have downloaded it and a few other songs from me on Soulseek, because no way does anyone just happen to have those same 45's, ripped to mp3 just as shittily. Not that I mind, it's just that I've found out what my special purpose is. These songs are my special purpose.

Anyway, enough about that. It's hard for me to determine when this slice came out; I think it sounds like it could be anywhere from the 60's to maybe even the early 80's. It definitely sounds like an oldie. The B-side is the exact same song, but in Spanish (Habla Lo Que Quieras, Juanito.) It came out on Discos Latingos, or Lateengos Records, depending on which side you read from. It isn't the song itself so much that I love, though I do really like it. It's the charming, heavily accented recitation of the lyrics by the two singers that makes me smile every time I listen. You'll know what I mean as soon as you hear it. It makes me think of Speedy Gonzales' drunken mice friends, and what can I say, those guys make me happy.


Tony
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment