A Nod Is Better





:: Wink Martindale – America: An Affirmation ::

Now that New Orleans is a shit swamp, the country teeters on the brink of economic calamity, perpetual war continues with a used-up military, all branches of government are stacking up with religious wackos, and it costs me thirty-five fucking bucks a week to fill up my gas tank, I need some reaffirming words to restore my sense of oblivious complacency.



And who can provide that better than former game show host, Wink Martindale? I'm going to wrap myself in Wink's pleasant, comforting assurances and repeat along with him until I believe it, "The country will recover...the country will recover."


Phil


Note from Tony: And it was written by super nice guy renaissance man type Rod McKuen! If he can't soothe you, who can?
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 10:25:00 PM

is it illegal to shoot a fucking harmonica player?    



» Post a Comment