Those Were The Days





:: Oh Babe, What Would You Say ::

:: I Remember it Well ::

:: Medley 2 ::

:: Two Sleepy People ::

This record was a pleasant surprise when I found it recently at the monthly swap meet in Pasadena. I’ve come across the two All in the Family albums a few times - the ones that are collections of funny moments from the show. And I picked up Carroll O’Connor’s LP, Remembering You, awhile back. But I hadn’t known that this one existed, released in 1973 with both O’Connor & Jean Stapleton singing 24 songs together in their Archie and Edith Bunker characters. There’s a lot of banter and wisecracks between the songs, and Stapleton never gets as shrill as she did in the TV show’s opening song, “Those Were the Days,” which is probably a good thing. Youse guys might be interested in checking out their version of The Beatles’ “When I’m 64,” which is contained in “Medley 2.”


Phil
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Monday, July 10, 2006 9:42:00 AM

Hi Phil,
O'Connor has at least one more LP, called "Carroll O'Conor Sings for Old P.F.A.R.T.S. (People Favoring A Return To Sentiment.)" I didn't know about the one you found, however!    



» Post a Comment