Let Pia Zadora Ruin Your Friday





:: The Clapping Song ::

You know, I picked this up thinking that Pia Zadora was the ridiculous “Coochie Coochie” woman who always guest starred on The Love Boat, but I just realized that that was Charro and that I’m an idiot for confusing my C-list celebrities. I guess if I watched the E! Channel once in awhile I’d be more on top of these things.

I hadn’t seen her appearance on an episode of “Circus of the Stars,” but I have seen Pia in her first film role, at 10-years old, in the schlocky cult classic, Santa Claus Conquers the Martians. She was one of a bunch of kids that sang on the theme song for that movie, “Hooray for Santa Claus,” which gets a spin once a year at Casa de Phil during the holiday season. In her early twenties, she married a decrepit five-and-dime story tycoon who bankrolled a couple of lame films that cast her in the starring role. After appearing at the top of a lot of “Worst” lists, and receiving a few “Razzies,” she focused her energies on singing.

“The Clapping Song,” a cover of the 1965 Shirley Ellis chart topper, hit the Top 40 in the U.S. for Zadora in 1983. That little factoid has left me reeling and senseless, shocked and appalled at my fellow Americans. It has some vocoder in it, so it’s got that going for it, at least. Anyway, put on your bib and open your mouth real wide ‘cause Pia Zadora is coming your way with a big spoonful of funky crap.



Phil
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Saturday, November 07, 2009 11:33:00 AM

I love Pia!!!    



» Post a Comment