Great Googly Moogly





:: The Electronic Concept Orchestra - Aquarius ::

:: The Electronic Concept Orchestra - Grazing In The Grass ::

Previously on the Record Robot, I shared some blurpy versions of Star Wars music performed by the Electric Moog Orchestra. Now I present, for your consideration, music by a rival Moog gang, The Electronic Concept Orchestra. These two clans bitterly clashed last century for control of Trythall Mountain in the Great Analog Wars, but that's a story for another time. Another time when I feel like making up some more incredible bullshit.

This album is pretty well known as one of the classic Moog albums, or at least one of the classic Moog cash-in's. The band is led by the well regarded, but under-the-radar jazz pianist Eddie Higgins, who here leads a band of hep session players on a bleating, burping, spaced-out tour of top hits of the day. Providing funky drumming is Morris Jennings, veteran of Rotary Connection, Silk, and many other bands that required solid drumming with feeling. I have to mention the cover model, because I am in love with her. I know she's probably my mom's age now, so I have even more incentive to create a time machine now. I keep putting that off. She's even more comely on the back cover, and I'm sorry I didn't include a scan of that, but she's MINE and you can't have her.

I give you the songs that to me most capture the era, and the silliness, for me. Aquarius is a classic, and I'll never hear it the same after watching The 40 Year Old Virgin. Here it's treated with wide-eyed cosmic reverence, 60's style stereo separation, and a flurry of R2D2 orgasms. Next is the ultimate picnic-rocker, Grazing In The Grass. It's got a nice little breakbeat in it. Maybe that's why I had to pay $13 for this. Peace, brothers and sisters.


Tony
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 7:23:00 AM

Track is not Feelin' Alright rather Grazing In The Grass    



Wednesday, February 01, 2006 8:08:00 AM

Well, ya learn something every day. We just learned I can be a lazy dipshit sometimes.

Thanks for pointing that out, it's all corrected now.    



Thursday, February 02, 2006 11:58:00 AM

oooh... what's the chances of getting an MP3 of Windmills Of Yr Mind too???????

IAn    



Tuesday, May 19, 2020 1:20:00 AM

This is my blog Thanks for watching ดูดวง | คำทำนาย | ข่าวบันเทิง | ข่าวเด่นวันนี้ | บาคาร่า    



Wednesday, August 12, 2020 10:34:00 AM

Nice Information! I personally really appreciate your article. This is a great website. I will make sure that I stop back again. These are some really great tips! Another important note is to make sure you give completely specific instructions to your cleaning staffs.

Thanks,เรือดำน้ำสอย
http://ufabetvip.net/
http://ufabettip.net/    



Wednesday, August 12, 2020 11:33:00 AM

Your article is great. Come in, read my stuff, click.
ufabetvip
ufabettip
รูเล็ต ออนไลน์    



» Post a Comment