Chinese Children Calling Me Daddy





:: Perdonname ::

:: Never Can Say Goodbye ::

:: Chinese Children ::

:: Dance With Me ::

:: I Want To Be A Puppy ::

:: I Wrote A Simple Song ::

Bimshire is what many locals call their island home, Barbados. Lord Radio has been a fixture of its music scene for over 55 years. That's probably the most education I've ever delivered in the opening two sentences of a post.

So this is ostensibly an album of calypso music, with Lord Radio (nee Oliver Brome) and his band delivering a mirthful blend of authentic Bajan charm with songs that the white folk on holiday might recognize. On songs like "Chinese Children" and "I Want To Be A Puppy," you can hear the Bimshire slang and cadence in the singing, and though I really have no idea, I presume this is pretty close to being authentic Barbados music. The covers are hits by Orleans(?!?), Billy Preston, Jackson Five, and Demis Roussos (you really need to hear the original, if you haven't, particularly if you ever dug Aphrodite's Child. Quite jarring the first time!)

This is happy music, and it's delivered very loosely. You can have fun with it. Hell, I've had their colorful take on "Perdonamé" stuck in my head for a week now.


Tony
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Thursday, February 21, 2008 5:43:00 PM

For whatever weird mood I'm in tonight, this music is perfect. Thanks.    



Wednesday, July 03, 2019 11:04:00 PM

curry 6
vans outlet
balenciaga shoes
fitflops sale clearance
curry 4
vans shoes
fila shoes
supreme clothing
yeezy boost 350
nike air force 1
   



» Post a Comment