Some Still Life





:: Rubrica ::

:: Celadon ::

Sometimes you just pick something up at a record store, and you know it's going to be good. This self-released 1982 10" was mine as soon as I set eyes on it, and I had no doubt it would be interesting.

The a-side features some dual drumming by future Dream Syndicate trapkeeper Dennis Duck, and underground deconstructionist wiz Tom Recchion. The b-side is more repetition, catch and release. I guess this falls somewhere between Labradford and Windsor For The Derby, both of whom no doubt would have been influenced by this slab if they ever heard it. There have certainly been other bands named Still Life, and unfortunately my last.fm tags this as an emo band, bringing a pox on my charts. This isn't really Monday morning music for most people, but it's just overcast enough here today that it works perfectly for me.


Tony
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 7:06:00 AM

Dennis Duck ruled. I remember my pal and I telling him at a rock club in 1984 that the Dream Syndicate got a bit soft with The Medicine Show. He didn't appreciate it.

Today, I probably listen more to The Medicine Show than to Days of Wine & Roses. But I'm softer now, and I'm glad that you're my girl.    



Wednesday, November 18, 2020 6:00:00 AM

golden goose
yeezy shoes
goyard
jordan shoes
goyard
golden goose outlet
goyard handbags
   



» Post a Comment