Billy And Bulla





:: Star Trek ::

:: Doctor Who Is Gonna Fix It ::

My DVD viewing of late has consisted of Star Trek and Doctor Who, so I may as well make a post that reflects this state of affairs. First up is a Billy Strange rendition of the Star Trek theme. Though he wrote a few songs for Elvis that I sincerely dig (A Little Less Conversation and yes, Charro!), most of his LPs that I have have been kind of stale. So this song was a surprise - filled with an assortment of bloops and bleeps, it’s one of the cooler recordings I’ve heard from him.

I’m not sure what I was expecting when I picked up the next single, a tribute to The Doctor by a band called Bullamakanka, but it definitely wasn’t the frenetic fiddles of Australian bluegrass. There’s a genre that may as well be from another planet.



Phil
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »