Plenty of Songs About Pusser





:: 10 Tracks of Pusser Goodness ::

How many songs can anyone be inspired to write about a certain law enforcement official? Quite a few if you're Eddie Bond and the object of your undying affection is Sheriff Buford Pusser. Without going into too much detail about the fabled "Walking Tall" sheriff from Finger, Tennessee, let's just say he kicked ass and barely lived to tell about it. He and Eddie Bond became friends and Pusser even appointed Eddie, one of the original Memphis rockabilly innovators as his chief deputy. A local legend after crooks shot off half his face and killed his wife in 1967, he became a national figure after Eddie sang "Legend of Buford Pusser", which inspired the film, "Walking Tall". Pusser died violently about a year after this album was made, but it wasn't the bad guys who got him, just his own bad driving.



Still, an entire album devoted to the exploits of a cop seems a bit much, unless you really like cops. Personally, I like absurd records like this one.


Mike
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 7:28:00 AM

I have the 45 (also promo) I think it's called "Buford Pusser Goes Bear Hunting With A Switch" I'm sure what I just wrote lines up to something on the album (LOL) It's not really a bad song, but I think I'll pass on the whole album.

..... bbb    



Thursday, March 29, 2007 12:38:00 PM

Did I get this record for you? I've had this record for years. It's a bit of a chore, but it's FUCKING BUFORD PUSSER, you know, the dude whose movie poster is over my liquor rack.    



Thursday, March 29, 2007 5:01:00 PM

No, but when I saw it in the store, Mikey said, "if you don't buy this, you'll be doing Mark a great disservice", or something like that. Figures you've owned it for years.

Mike    



Wednesday, July 03, 2019 11:13:00 PM

yeezy boost 350
nike air huarache
canada goose jacket
air max 97
nike kd 11
baseball jerseys
goyard handbags
balenciaga shoes
kobe 9
ferragamo belts    



» Post a Comment