Disco Ball





:: Disco Lucy (I Love Lucy Theme) ::

:: You Don't Even Know Who We Are ::

I was still a wee lad during the disco era and experienced none of its grotesque glory firsthand. I do, however, occasionally get to catch some of the horror that I missed when I reach into my bottomless box of dollar records that are waiting for a listen. Such was the case over the weekend when I popped this “Disco Lucy” single onto the turntable, and luckily for you, I thought I’d share.


Released in 1976 by the Wilton Place Street Band, a group made up of Los Angeles studio musicians, it made it to #24 on the Billboard’s American pop chart. Google doesn’t give up anything on the identity of these studio musicians, but I’ve found that the two female vocalists are Lynda Laurence and her sister, Sandray Tucker, who were members of one of the versions of Stevie Wonder’s backup group, Wonderlove. Lynda was also a member of one of the post-Diana Ross variations of The Supremes, and she’s been touring with something that I hadn’t known existed - FLOS: Former Ladies of The Supremes - over the last twenty years. Good Lord.


After listening to Mike’s post yesterday, I thought I’d include the b-side, “You Don’t Even Know Who We Are,” as it almost sounds like one of those irascible, yet lovable Pipkins was involved on vocals.


Phil
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment