More Wingtip Sloat





:: Infectious Sharps Only ::

:: Beauty ::

:: The Bed Pot ::

:: Left Leaning Forward ::

So this week's theme is revisiting artists we've covered before. No, no, no, it's not. This is just coincidence. Or we're nostalgic for ourselves.

I've noticed a pattern with my Wingtip Sloat purchases. The pattern is that I usually don't even know I am picking up something by them until after I've gotten it home. I blame their funky packaging.



A while back I picked up a healthy stack of 50ยข records. A great deal of them were shots in the dark that turned out to be total crap, or something that's already easy to find on CD. Tonight I was about to give up on my stack of crap as a source for today's article, when I decided to listen to one more slab. Now, I know for a fact that even though I couldn't tell who the artist was when I came across this, I was intrigued enough by the words "Smelly Straggler" scrawled in one corner to take a chance. That's me. That's who I am, what I do. I actually couldn't even tell from the 45 label that it was a Wingtip Sloat release, so it actually took hearing this before I was like "What the...?" and dug inside the sleeve for more info, at which point I learned I'd serendiptiously happened into some more Sloat. Righteous, brah.

Here's all 4 tracks on the EP, which is titled "Return Of The Night Of The Ardent Straggler." The song "Beauty" is a Tall Dwarves cover. The song "The Bed Pot" doesn't sound like Wingtip Sloat to me at all, save for one wonderfully strange chord during the chorus. But that's all it takes to make me happy.


Tony
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Tuesday, October 09, 2007 5:15:00 PM

If we robots ever have a party, you can put the Wingtip Sloat on and I will pull out the old Sweet Portable You stack. Before it was their label, it was also their zine. Cherished those cryptic little DC docs. They are stained now from the flood, but still with us. Cheers to you and to Wingtip Sloat, katya and the oddio bots    



» Post a Comment