Blow 'Em Away, What Can I Say





:: Precious Metal - Bad Guys ::

Precious Metal were an all female power pop band from the '80s. I don't know much about them, but I guess they made a minor splash in the hair metal scene of the period. I "found" this record tucked into my soundtracks section, and couldn't remember where it came from or why I have it. Looking a bit closer, Bad Guys appears to have been a wrestling comedy from the mid-80s starring Adam Baldwin, Sgt. Slaughter, Ruth Buzzi and Mike Jolly. Mike Jolly? Oh, that explains it! (As you know, Mike Jolly was the original music geek on Comedy Central's "Beat The Geeks". I'm a huge fan, what can I say?)

When I first listened to this, I didn't realize the singer was a chick. But when it comes down to it, male or female, the voice sounds weird, and is the outstanding feature of the song. Apparently, this was a very early Precious Metal song. They were given a chance to get a song on the Bad Guys soundtrack at the last minute. Just so happened one of the PM ladies had a half finished song called Bad Guys, so they went into the studio that night, worked up the song, recorded it and turned it in the next morning. Now that's rock.



Unfortunately, I don't think Bad Guys (the movie) is available on DVD currently, and although there are a couple of Precious Metal comp CDs out there, I don't believe Bad Guys is on any of them. So, as usual, if you want the good stuff, you just gotta come here. What can I say?


Mike
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment