Here's Jimmy (hic)





:: Jimmy - Spin The Bottle ::

Music has the uncanny ability to do so many positive things for the listener - generate memories, energize emotions, inspire creativity, uplift spirits and soothe minds. Unfortunately, today's selection will have no such impact, other than possibly inducing you to search your kitchen drawers for an ice pick with which to perforate your eardrums.

This 7-inch was released in 1982 on Fatima Records, the label started up by the L.A. punk band, The Plugz. As if the cover photo (which kind of looks like David Berkowitz in a stocking mask) weren't creepy enough, Jimmy closes up his throat a bit to sound like a child while singing. Lovely. "Spin the Bottle" is the b-side to Jimmy's heinous version of Irving Berlin's, "White Christmas." If you kids aren't good this year, I'll have no recourse but to put that in your stocking next holiday.


Phil
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 10:29:00 PM

Damn, I didn't know Fatima did anything outside the Plugz Records. Now I'm gonna have to find a copy of this record for the vault just for the sake of completion!    



Sunday, January 15, 2006 5:58:00 PM

Jesus Christ, this is horrible. It is making me shudder. I have a small stack of crap I should send to you but I dont think anything is as bad as this one. And he fucking hiccups at the end.    



Sunday, January 15, 2006 11:15:00 PM

Ha! I'm basically scraping the bottom of my barrel of rips while waiting for a new turntable to come in. Sorry to [hic] do that to ye!    



» Post a Comment