This Is Not A Holiday







Zipped up in one fantastic saxophone crime package, but limited time only!

:: Man With A Gun ::

:: You Crossed My Mind Today ::

:: Lost In Love ::

:: Love Me ::

:: Can't Wait Anymore ::

:: I Wan'ta See Jesus ::

:: Miss Ruby Lee ::

:: Young Soldier ::

:: My Own Washington State ::

:: Dog Track Blues ::

:: This Man Is My Father ::

:: Surrender ::

:: Sounds Like Hurt ::

:: You're The Reason Love Is Called A Game ::

:: You Were In My Dreams Last Night ::

:: In Peace ::

:: Just Forget About Me ::

:: This Is Not A Holiday ::

Hi Record Robot readers,

I'm poking my head out and offering up some new stuff. Don't know if I'll get into this regularly again. I'd like to, and I've got plenty of material, it's just the time involved, blah, blah, blah. In the mean time, I've got a new old song poem record.

A lot a mediocre material with some lovely exceptions. Starting off strong with Man With A Gun - a typical 1880s shoot 'em up, then instantly devolving into You Crossed My Mind Today which might lead one to believe this to be a country album (albeit with sax and Fender Rhodes), but hang on a minute. Lost In Love sounds like Glen Frey meeting Eddie Van Halen in a dark alley and instead of one killing the other, they form a very evil alliance. From there it's any one's guess. 18 songs in all. Plenty of opportunities for greatness and everything else. Can't Wait Anymore rocks and Young Soldier brings a bitter tear to the eye. Thank the good Lord for My Beautiful Washington State and if not for John Fluker's def rappin', you might think the lyrics to This Is Not a Holiday were written by John McCain circa 1983 (he voted against the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday in case you didn't know).

Oh, by the way, Happy New President, America!


Mike Hussein Roboto
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Monday, November 10, 2008 2:57:00 PM

Welcome back! It's great to see another post here. ...and thanks a lot.. This is Not a Holiday has been stuck in my head for about 4 days now haha    



Saturday, November 22, 2008 5:44:00 AM

"Young soldier" is my favourite!    



» Post a Comment