Moogalicious





:: Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye ::

:: Nights In White Satin ::

:: Sugar, Sugar ::

:: Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head ::

:: House Of The Rising Sun ::

:: Everybody's Talkin' ::

:: Venus ::

:: Come Together ::

:: Bridge Over Troubled Water ::

:: Lay Lady Lay ::

:: United We Stand ::

:: Proud Mary ::

They typically cost me more, but I am finding more and more that I am sort of addicted to wacky old Moog albums. This one I hadn't seen before, but one look at the track listing and I was on board. Plus, it's a London Phase 4, meaning that it's bound to be a little weird. This thing is all over the place, and it's certainly not Muzak as one might expect. Some rocking occurs. The version of "Lay Lady Lady" might be the template for a great deal of Boards of Canada's sound. When Mike looked at the track listing, he said, "The greatest hits of 1970," and that's pretty much what this is, but all Moogified n' stuff.

Claude Denjean was a Frenchman (duh) who ended up in Canada, as apparently many other Frenchpersons did. He may or not be dead. Yet again you are getting a whole damn album, because I know some of you will want that. Now get your Friday on, girlfriend.


Tony
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Friday, January 19, 2007 8:49:00 AM

Thank you for unmasking Boards of Canada. I always knew they were some old hippies stranded on some bad trip but now there is proof. Great discovery.    



Friday, January 19, 2007 10:54:00 PM

Moogalicious, baby! Now about that Bonnie Koloc album... all joking aside, I loved that track- how about the rest of the album? (Plus, she was hot!)    



Monday, January 22, 2007 10:51:00 PM

Great moog jams! I've never heard that one before.

Do you have a phase 4 record called FOREIGN FILM FESTIVAL by Frank Chacksfield? Killer version of "The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly." on that one!!!

p.s.
To the last commenter, look for a Bonnie Koloc record called "After all this time" I found that one for a buck and it's great.    



Tuesday, January 23, 2007 6:37:00 AM

I haven't seen that Phase 4 album, but this Moog! album came with a catalog of all the Phase 4 stuff out at the time -- waaaay more titles than I'd have ever imagined. I'll keep an eye out for FFF.    



» Post a Comment