Studly Dudley





:: This Night (Ain't Fit for Nothing But Drinking) ::

:: The Pool Shark ::

:: Farewell to Arms ::

I’d never heard of Dave Dudley before coming across this record a little while back. We’ve featured a lot of trucker songs from time to time on the Robot, but I just now came to learn that Dudley is considered the “father” of the genre after kick-starting it in 1963 with “Six Days on the Road.” Who knew there were so many new things left out there to learn and store in my beautiful mind before I expire?

Anyway, there were a few reasons I done picked up this here record. First, what man could resist this album cover? Booze, billiards and Bryl Creem: that’s some manly shit we got going on. Second, half the songs on the LP were written by “Sneaky Snake” Tom T. Hall, a few of which I didn’t recognize as ones he’s recorded himself. Most importantly, it features a Hall-penned song called, “This Night (Ain’t Fit for Nothing But Drinking),” and you know, we really like our drinking songs ‘round these parts. There’s no truck drivin’ music on this album, but “The Pool Shark” tells a boozy little hard luck story in the same type of vein. That one is also written by Hall. To wrap it all up, we’re posting a little ballad that Dudley wrote called, “Farewell to Arms.”


Phil
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Tuesday, December 05, 2006 12:36:00 PM

That is the absolute shit.    



Sunday, December 10, 2006 3:20:00 PM

I just bought this album because the cover kicks so muck ass.
Thanks, Robot!    



Sunday, December 10, 2006 3:23:00 PM

I mean "so much ass", Dudley had me crying in my beer and I miss-typed. "I'm Sick and Tired" of doing that...    



Saturday, August 13, 2022 2:50:00 AM

bape
golden goose
golden goose
yeezy
supreme shirt
   



» Post a Comment