Hot Block Of Rock





:: Pleased Youth - Uncle Eli's Pancake Experience ::

:: Pleased Youth - The Fall ::

:: Pleased Youth - The Calling ::


While at my folks' house back east over the holidays I dug up this record from the boxes of vinyl I left in their attic a few years ago, and it still holds up as a fun slab of melodic hardcore. Why, it holds up so well that I feel the need to post three songs from it as opposed to just one or two. Rock Block Weekend, Dewds!

It was released back in 1986 on Buy Our Records, the New Jersey label started up by members of Adrenalin O.D. and Bedlam. I think the label mainly put out stuff by Jersey bands, with some Philly bands thrown in, like Flag of Democracy and Electric Love Muffin.

This was Pleased Youth's only release, and most of them went on to form or be part of other bands. They did briefly reunite in 2001 to play a few shows with Adrenalin O.D. Vocalist Keith Hartel is currently in a band called True Love. Rhythm guitartist Paul Decolator played with GG Allin for a little while and unfortunately died in 2002. I'm gonna guess you can probably pick up some bad habits if you hung out with GG.


Phil
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Friday, March 24, 2006 11:04:00 PM

Thanks for stopping by, Greg. I'd be more than happy to rip the record to cd for ya. Shoot me an email at - angrydriver2002@yahoo.com with a mailing address and I'll get a copy to you.    



» Post a Comment