I Can't Title This Humorously Without Being Disrespectful [UPDATED]





UPDATE 12/10:

This little post ended up causing a few of Billy's biggest fans to become upset, and while I've tried to explain that this site is typically written tongue-in-cheek and expresses opinions, and that I actually enjoyed his music, it's kind of hard to convince someone who's never been to our blog before that it's really all in fun. Anyway, a nice thing that happens here sometimes is that people find other fans in the comment section, and we learn more about artists that precious little information was available for online. In this case, a lady named Ruth found this post and not only shared some stories but passed along a press kit from back in the day, which I am happy to share below. Thanks, Ruth!


billythunderkloudflier


So I won't. Are you as surprised as I was to learn there was such a thing as Billy ThunderKloud and the Chieftones? Sounds like something from The Simpsons. I was sort of expecting them to be a lounge act, and half assumed I'd find out Billy's real name was Alvin Schneiderman. Thankfully, as tacky as the name and their getups are, these are real Indians. Canadian Indians, in fact, who made country music. Representing the Tsimshian nation, these dudes had a minor hit in 1975 with the song "What Time Of Day." Something tells me that ThunderKloud is not a real name, and that it was in fact lifted from an Amon Düül song title.



This cover of the Bobby Hebb classic "Sunny," which has been covered by everyone, including artists as disparate as Percy Faith, Electric Flag, Cher, Frank Sinatra, José Feliciano, Eddy Arnold, The Walker Brothers, and the Boogie Pimps (Boogie Pimps?!?), appeared on their shamefully named 1974 album, Off The Reservation. It's actually a good rendition. The pedal steel, even though it sounds out of place at first, really sounds great. Towards the end it sounds like the guitar player was auditioning for Elvis' band, but seeing as it was 1974 Nashville, that's a forgivable transgression.

As far as I can tell, Billy is still around, and supposedly made the rather natural transition from cheesily dressed performer to used car salesman...in Nashville.
Thankfully this was not true, and I'm sorry to have cast that upon him.


Tony
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Saturday, November 05, 2005 3:44:00 PM

Billy ThunderKloud is a great entertainer. I've had the pleasure of seeing his show on several occasions and he is wonderful! The "get-up", as you called it, was not tacky and as you said was in the 70s. Those types of stage costumes were common in country music back then.

Billy had several songs in the top 40 on the country charts back in the 70s. A great accomplishment for a full-blooded Indian from Canada. As for the Off The Reservation album you say was shamefully named, that was one of Billy ThunderKloud's first albums and he indeed was off the reservation since he was raised there before becoming an entertainer.

Billy still occasionally entertains and is not a used car salesman. Just goes to show, you can't believe everything you read!

Judy    



Saturday, November 05, 2005 4:21:00 PM

Hey Judy, thanks for reading, and thanks for writing. I was skeptical myself about the car salesman thing, I'd much rather think he's still alive and doing his thing. I'd love to catch his act. Unfortunately there's very little info about him online.

And I know that Nudies (and Nudie ripoffs) were all the rage in country music for many years, but I still think the get ups are tacky. And even though he was raised on a reservation, I think the album title gives the wrong impression when you see it. Kudos to him for making it, I just wish he didn't have to be a human cartoon to accomplish it. Hell, all that stuff might have been his idea for all I know. It just seems a little cheap to me.    



Saturday, November 05, 2005 6:24:00 PM

Billy ThunderKloud wasn't a human cartoon and he made it because he's a talented entertainer and puts on a great show! You can find several of his albums online.

Judy    



Friday, November 11, 2005 7:09:00 AM

Billy ThunderKloud was indeed a remarkable entertainer. Once a person saw his state performance, they were totally sold on him. He still has one of the most remarkable voices I have ever heard. I traveled almost 20 years with the group and saw first hand how the public responded to him. Standing ovations at almost every show, sometimes as many as six at one show.

I was President of his Fan Club, Northeast Manager Booking Manager until 1988 when the group disolved. Billy, Barry and Jack are all still alive and doing well. Unfortunately, Richard Douse passed away very suddenly few years ago at a very early age.

This group was very highly respected across the USA, Canada and in Europe. Billy was presented a mountain lion my Walt Disney personally. He also performed at President Nixon's Innagural Ball. Just a couple of highlights of his remarkable entertaining experience.

There are many wonderful performers in this world but Billy was definately a tremendous performer. You should take the time to listen to a couple of cuts from one of his albums if you have one. He truly was one of the best.
He was loved and respected by some of the biggest entertainers in the country.

Regards,
Ruth
ruthpete@verizon.net    



Saturday, February 17, 2007 11:49:00 PM

Billy ThunderKloud is indeed a fine entertainer. He and the band lived neighbors to us when they first came to the states to live and play. He was respected by all and showed much pride in his Indian heritage. He and the boys also pitched in and helped the neighbors in the area with haying and other farm chores. They also would stop and play ball with the 4H kids. He is a hereditary Indian Chief even though brother Barry is older. I do know his real name but since you don't I guess I will not tell either. Their outfits were great for the era. As stated by another poster that was the going thing in the 70's. I don't know where he is now but I would love to hear them sing again. He and Richard married women from the neighborhood. I take offense to your comments as I know this whole community would. Too bad you couldn't have seen one of their shows. You may have a change of heart.
thecurrans@mwt.net    



Sunday, February 18, 2007 12:54:00 AM

I don't think I ever disparaged him as an entertainer. Just as you note that I haven't ever been wowed by Billy on stage, I also know you're not a reader of this blog. Many times these posts are face value observations, with no real link to the atmosphere or reality of what spawned the artist or their music. One thing you'd undoubtedly pick up on is that we are smart asses, and you shouldn't take us seriously. You've obviously got your memories of how it was, and I've got my perceptions based on finding this album many years later. It's telling that what little I wrote would offend you, when you are defending trappings and nicknames that would make most people shake their head, simply based on the fact that you liked the arist. That he was a great entertainer, and nice citizen, doesn't change the fact that people might find the whole thing a little exploitative now. Someone can tell the story, the real story, later.    



Monday, April 30, 2007 12:09:00 PM

Billy was a friend of mine. I am native american from Mississippi. I was inspired to be a great entertainer as he was; and I have become a great entertainer! Although, I have changed my musical genre to Gospel... I get standing ovations as billy did. who ever puts billy down puts down native Americans all over the country. He is one who uses Native American mascots for their ball teams. What about the Detroit Negroes vs. The Texas Rednecks! That would do justice for us!Billy used to be the Entertainer's entertainer. He was not "cheesy" he was claSSY. Go and educate yourself!    



Monday, April 30, 2007 1:20:00 PM

Yeah, that's real classy. And I never even used the word "cheesy" in the article or comments. But thanks for reading so carefully. And thanks for also assuming that I am not Native American, when you have no idea.

Once again, these are my opinions. I believe the man can sing. I believe the people who've commented and say he was a great entertainer. I also believe the outfits, his band name, and album title are exploitative. You can disagree. His quality as an entertainer does not affect my opinion about those things, though it obviously does for other people.

What I do see is people who've never followed this site landing here from a web search, barely reading what I wrote, taking out the portions they construe as negative and then commenting condescendingly, as if it's impossible to find some parts of his shtick offensive. I was complimentary about the parts I thought were good.

I do know that the reaction of every one I've ever shown that album cover to is usually, "What the...!", conveying a small measure of shock.

I picked up another one of his albums, and I plan to write about that one as well. I look forward to your overreactions. :)    



Tuesday, February 24, 2009 4:09:00 PM

I was the bass player for Billy in 76-77. It was 1st class all the way and one of the better paying rd. gigs at the time, and yes we had to dress up too. That was the style back then.Had a 1st class showbus with a driver and got to go and see places I could never do on my own.Billy was a class act and a friend. Wish you could have seen our show. Hank Butler Atl.Ga.    



Monday, March 09, 2009 3:00:00 AM

I met Billy in 1973 at a fair in Kentucky. His voice was the greatest I have ever heard, and I saw Elvis several times. They did not ever exploit their Indian heritage. The last concert I attended was in 1984, and I have missed seeing the guys so much over the years. They were wonderful people, and I miss them. When Richard died I was heartbroken. There were 4 of us "girls" who liked to travel together to see the performances. One of the group died on New Year's Eve. I hope she is in heaven with Richard. You would call us groupies, but we knew the difference because we really were great friends.    



Saturday, May 30, 2009 11:26:00 PM

Back in 1975 I heard the record What Time Of Day, on the radio and took off to the record store to get a copy. They didn't have it. Later I found the album in question and bought it. The reason I wanted it was because I thought it was Dale Ward. Dale had a several records out back in the 60s. Do you remember A Letter From Sherry? I swear I thought I was listening to Dale Ward. I started a fan club for Dale in Nashville back in 1964. Noel Ball was promoting or producing him from W-MAK. Sorry if I got off topic.    



Saturday, May 30, 2009 11:32:00 PM

There was nothing wrong with Billy's outfits. Noting wrong with his show name either. Did you ever see Porter Wagoner and The Wagon Masters? How about Conway Twitty and the Twitty Birds? His real name was Harold Jinkins by the way. Billy has a great voice!    



Wednesday, December 30, 2009 7:25:00 PM

I played bass for Billy in the mid to late 80's he is a wonderful entertainer and person. We played Canada as well as the northeast,south and out west.Billy's voice is so pure and clean and takes a back seat to no one! Oh by the way, Hello Ruth! and I think I know who Judy is also, how's Ma....anyway,Billy and I were very good friends I haven't talked to him in a while now and I do hope he's doing well and is Happy. We rolled down many roads togther and had a lot of Fun and played a lot of Good Music those days and players I'll always remember. Not to long ago I opened a box that I had stored and I found a lot of Live tapes from those days Billy, if you see this contact me if you would like a copy there really good! Warren K,Chad,Mike and Myself are on them!! Your still one of the greats. My e-mail is bandit808@comcast.net Take care all and have a safe and happy New Year!! 2010....    



Sunday, February 28, 2010 11:42:00 AM

Billy was a great person and performer. I sure would like to see him and talk to him again. I sat many an hour and we would talk about alot of things. I sure would like to find out how he and the guys are doing today. I hope sometime he will sing again because he had a great voice. He really cared about people. Billy had many parts to him he is a great person.    



Monday, March 15, 2010 6:49:00 PM

billy thundercloud was a great singer ans performer. He played at a fair in lexington ky, in the early 70's and was really good. thet even had an aucton to raise money for charity and the highest bidder got to walk the fair grounds with him. I have several pictures of him and the band even one holding my daughter who was 2 at the time. I sure would like to hear from him again. If you heard them sing you would love them. they dressed and looked like indians and was very nice to see.monday march15,2010 carol gilpin at ( ruthgilpin@windstream.net    



Saturday, April 17, 2010 11:30:00 AM

Billy and the Chieftones were great. I had the pleasure to see many of their shows from 1974-1976 (many of them were at the Allentown Fair), and then I saw one show in 1982, but that one was just Billy & no Chieftones:( I was a kid with a HUGE crush on Barry:) I liked their music and their costumes. I will treasure the photos that I took back then. Sure would love to know what they are up to now. I had no idea that Richard has passed away until I was reading this page.    



Sunday, June 13, 2010 10:36:00 AM

I grew up knowing Billy, and he was a second dad to me whenever we were on the road with him and the band-members. The whole Band was like my big brothers, and they ALL seemed to look out after me when we traveled together.

Along the way in our travels, I was taught how to connect the cables up to the sound board, as well as setting up most of the equipment, unloading the trailer and repacking so the equipment would all fit inside after the shows.

I loved that life, and I have to say I miss it. I used to love to go and hear Billy sing. I respected all of the band members, and miss seeing them on a regular basis. I remember so many fun times.

Billy held each one of my babies when they were small too. Now they have all grown up. But they did not get the opportunity to know him or the group of wonderful musicians and the BIG CAT Simaugit like I did.

I would love to have the opportunity to talk with anyone of the group again that might remember me.

I am Kim or othwise known as Ruth and Sonny's daughter.

My mother was President of his Fan Club, Northeast Manager Booking Manager until 1988 when the group disolved. And I cried when they disolved.

Billy did some singing on his own, but it was never the same. I will always treasure the photos that I had taken back then. As well as the ones I got from my mother before she moved.

I sure would like to see him or anyone from the band for that matter and talk to them again.

I sat many time with Billy or Barry, or Richard and we would talk about alot of things while on the road.

I have almost every album, and some very special tapes of the shows he did up here in the North East.

Message me on Yahoo IM at luchs32 or e-mail me at luchs32@yahoo.com if you were a part of the band and remember me.

KIm    



Sunday, June 13, 2010 10:36:00 AM

This comment has been removed by the author.    



Wednesday, September 08, 2010 12:44:00 PM

Hey, I have seen Billy perform many times and he was wonderful. (I too know his real name - but not telling). His picture is on my computer screen - see him everyday. Would love to know what he is doing and how he is.

I do know that Albert wrote and book and will be out soon.

Boston (South)    



Wednesday, September 08, 2010 1:02:00 PM

Oops I guess I should really proof read my comments.

Boston (South)    



Friday, October 08, 2010 5:25:00 AM

BILLY THUNDERCLOUD IS ONE OF THE BEST ENTERTAINERS I EVER SAW ,I USED TO SEE HIM EVRY CHANCE I GOT ,JUST LOST TRACK OF HIM WISH I COULD FIND OUT WHERE HE IS AND I WOULD TRY AND SEE HIM AGAIN ,HE WAS NICE ,FRIENDLY TO THE PEOPLE BETTER THEN MOST HE USED TO COME TO PENNA ,JEAN    



Sunday, November 07, 2010 11:37:00 AM

I used to see him almost every year at the MN State Fair. I've tried for several years, unsucessfully, to find some CDs of them. My folks had an album, that I'd would love to get a copy of. Not sure of the name, but it was blue and had Indian Nation, Beautiful Sunday, and How Great Thou Art on it.

I would love any info on where to get some of his CDs    



Sunday, November 07, 2010 2:56:00 PM

Google Billy ThunderKloud and you'll find quite a few sites that sell his albums and there are a couple that have copied them to CDs.    



Tuesday, November 09, 2010 10:33:00 AM

Thanks to all of you who have jumped in and praised Billy ThunderKloud. Times now are so different than they were back then. Back then it was about performance, pride and appearance. Now, if you think you have talent, you can get up on many stages in ratty jeans and greasy hair, to say the least - we all have even seen this on the Grand Ole Opry stage.

It is a culture change and a lot of it we do not like, especially after being used to such class. Obviously, this person was not brought up in an era that class still existed. He really needs to get a life and stop putting down those he knows nothing about. Actually, he should be ashamed of himself. There are still plently of those people out there that would still run the Indian of the reservation if they could - he can only dream about it. We have all had the pleasure and memories of Billy - this guy just doesn't get it!!    



Tuesday, November 09, 2010 12:22:00 PM

You should pay attention to what was actually written, and the responses I've made to other angry, well-intentioned people who can't get around the fact that I found the outfits tacky and exploitative and a bit offensive. That's my opinion and all the knee-jerk Internet caterwauling in the world won't change it.

You should be ashamed of all the assumptions you've made here, especially the bit about the reservation.    



Wednesday, November 10, 2010 11:22:00 AM

I doubt that they are assumptions. You give yourself away in your first paragraph. It speaks millions for your profiling of others. Like I said before, get a life and stop critising others just because it may not be "your style". You may not even have a style. Does that make you a little jealous of all the attention Billy got for over 20 years? Like I said - you are a wantobe looking to express an opinion that no one really gives a hoot about, but others will defend reality, weather you like it or not. Give it up!!    



Wednesday, November 10, 2010 1:06:00 PM

Wow, what? You think I took the time to listen to this record, scan the cover, and write about it because I am jealous?

Let me give you some background about this blog: we take old lost and forgotten vinyl records and write about them. Much of the time there's no available information about an artist, so we have to talk about the cover or the lyrics, or tell a little story. We have a definite tongue-in-cheek style, and we imagine that most people reading would recognize that.

However, in many cases we are the only place an artist is written about on the Internet, so people end up finding us when they do searches. A few of our posts have become sort of de facto message boards for people who were fans of artists we've written about. That's fine, and it's great for people to reminisce about that stuff, and we end up learning more about the artist in the process.

We did this blog because we love music, all kinds, and we often run across some things that surprise us or make us laugh. I'm not going to apologize for how we go about things, and I could care less about your assumptions. I thought maybe you were a reasonable person, that's why I responded to your comments.

Did you ever consider I might be Native American? Maybe I come from a place where I've seen them treated poorly? Of course not, you have your mind made up already.

Since I wrote this article a few years ago, I've picked up a few more of Billy's albums. All because I am jealous of him and hate the music, you think?    



Saturday, November 13, 2010 9:27:00 PM

Just want to share a note.....I also saw BT&C in concerts in Louisville. I recently found my album and was excited to discover all four members had signed it! -Barbara    



Sunday, November 28, 2010 9:23:00 AM

I would like to forwrd an attachment to you to review and you may post it if you wish after you review it. Please let me know how I do this please.    



Sunday, December 05, 2010 12:08:00 PM

I have forwarded an attachment to you and I hope that you can attach it ti this site to share with everyone. It would be a wonderful treat. Have a fabulous Holiday Season.    



Monday, December 06, 2010 4:39:00 PM

Ruth, please send it to therecordrobot@gmail.com and I will endeavor to share it here.

Happy Holidays!    



Friday, December 17, 2010 12:20:00 PM

Thank you so very much for posting - you are awesome for doing this!! I hope that lots of fans will stop back in and see it, especially around the Holidays. Best to you and yours. Merry Christmas.

Ruth    



Tuesday, February 22, 2011 7:20:00 PM

IF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE I CAN FIND THE ALBUM THAT HAS BILLY THUNDERCLOUD SINGING hOW GREAT THOU ART, I AM SEARCHING FOR THIS. MY MOTHER-IN-LAW IS 88 AND I WANT TO FIND THIS FOR HER FOR MOTHERS DAY. PLEASE EMAIL ME AT CFARLEY@TWCNY.RR.COM. THANKS, CHRIS    



Tuesday, March 01, 2011 8:25:00 AM

See the crap you can start just by saying a few words. I'm native (much younger than most commenters here) I really don't see anything wrong with what you wrote. People take things way too personally.

It would really be interesting to see what Billy thought of those outfits he had to wear. I'm sure they were not all worn by choice, but by what the record company thought would be bring in the money. You have to admit...compared to today's fashion...it's a bit over the top..but that's the 70's for ya. When I saw the cover...immediately thought of Elvis. Even his hair is some what like his at that time. If memory serves correctly...Elvis was Native American as well.    



Tuesday, April 19, 2011 3:09:00 AM

Thank you so very much for posting - you are awesome for doing this!! We did this blog because we love music, all kinds, and we often run across some things that surprise us or make.    



Tuesday, April 19, 2011 3:10:00 AM

Thank you so very much for posting - you are awesome for doing this!! We did this blog because we love music, all kinds, and we often run across some things that surprise us or make.    



Sunday, September 04, 2011 12:01:00 AM

Thank you very much. I have been searching for it for a long time.    



Tuesday, November 22, 2011 6:40:00 PM

Billy died. Barry is my stepdad . He lives in orlando    



Wednesday, November 23, 2011 7:48:00 AM

Billy is not dead and he hasn't talked to Barry in over 30 years!!    



Sunday, November 27, 2011 5:17:00 PM

Billy is not dead and I, too, can confirm he and Barry have not spoken in over 30 years...for very good reasons. With this said, Barry has no clue about anything involving Billy.
Unless the poster of November 22 is Kevin (who was once Barry's stepson) I cannot imagine who may have posted this erroneous information. The last anyone checked Barry was still unmarried although by now he might be considered in a common law marriage.    



Wednesday, November 30, 2011 10:06:00 AM

I also would be more than pleased to say that Billy, Barry and Jack are alive and doing well. Unfortunately, Richard GrayOwl passed away several years ago, leaving a wife and two boys. Everyone should say a prayer this Holiday Season for the family he left behind. He was also an awesome entertainer and is greatly missed. Rest In Peace, Richard.    



Sunday, December 11, 2011 8:20:00 PM

Ha! I can't help but laugh at all the misinformation on the internet about Billy ThunderKloud. I personally know more about him and the band than anyone one else alive. I was married to Billy for twenty years and boy could I give the world an earful. But I'll save it for my book. Richard, by the way, died of liver cancer, his boys were grown and his wife "Terry" had long since left him for another man.    



Monday, December 12, 2011 6:18:00 PM

I was obsessed with Billy and the band when I was a little baby girl! Every time they came through Utah, I had to go to the show. When I was about 3 or 4, my aunt made me an awesome beaded denim Billy jacket. I think I might have met the band and shown them the jacket, but I'm not sure it was so long ago. I'm also not sure, but think I saw Billy in a restaurant in a little Nevada border town a couple of years ago. I was too scared to ask if it was really him though. :)    



Tuesday, December 13, 2011 2:28:00 AM

come here from Malaysia =)    



Tuesday, December 13, 2011 11:37:00 AM

I remember seeing Billy and the Chieftones play in Minnesota when I was quite small. It was an awesome performance and I never forgot it!

I recently found a signed album cover by Billy, Barry, Jack and Richard from their "Where Do I Begin To Tell The Story" album which, by the way, contains the songs Beautiful Sunday, Indian Nation and How Great Thou Art (for the post on Nov. 2010). I had to buy a record player so I could listen to it. They're getting hard to find!

I was excited to see them in costume as it made the whole Indian culture real for me. I would later in life meet Chief Archie Mosey from the Turtle Lake Band of Ojibwa (in full head dress) and must say it brought me back to the awe-struck days of listening to Billy. Chief Archie has since passed away and I think of Billy and his band every time I see one of Chief Archie's grandchildren.

I have much respect for the accomplishments, especially in the music industry, for any member of the Indian race and am thankful for the chance opportunity to listen to them so many years ago! I appreciate the fact that they were not embarrassed to embrace their culture and made me proud to find my own Indian roots and that of my husband's (Cherokee, by the way).

Thanks for the memories!!    



Tuesday, December 13, 2011 1:12:00 PM

Have any of you diehard fans thought about making a Wikipedia page for Billy and his band? It seems a little unfair that our now-dormant blog is the only source of information on this, especially as we are an entertainment site and not to be taken very seriously most of the time.    



Monday, March 05, 2012 12:23:00 AM

nice blog    



Monday, June 04, 2012 5:22:00 PM

This mix is perfect for a dj mix tape that I'm putting together. Please let me know when you have new stuff out. I'll definitely play it.    



Friday, July 13, 2012 6:50:00 AM

Hey thanks for sending me down memory lane...PS.... no negative comments here! lol Some people are so mean.    



Thursday, September 20, 2012 3:14:00 AM

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.    



Thursday, September 20, 2012 3:20:00 AM

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.    



Thursday, June 27, 2013 6:05:00 PM

Billy inspired a great deal of love and loyalty. He spoke to a group of Campfire Girls for me who were studying Native American History and was always happy to give of himself. I am sorry Susan has unhappy memories and would love to read her book but he was always a gentleman to me and had a voice that can not be beaten by anyone.I feel priviliged to have known him and had him visit my home.    



Thursday, June 27, 2013 6:48:00 PM

LOL Just had an amusing memory that you all might like. My then 5 year old daughter had heer first crush on Barry and he would carrry her around. Guess he was more her size but she still remembers him.    



Sunday, July 07, 2013 4:11:00 PM

Billy is very much alive and living and singing on occasion. He still does not speak to Barry, and has disowned him as a brother, and family member. This makes me sad because I loved both all of them. They (the band) were as much my OTHER dad's on the road as my very own dad Sonny. It was such a sad time to lose touch with them, then to hear about Richard. I later on really liked a man that drummed for Billy a few times when he traveled up here to the North east. I called him Dan'l. I also really liked another guitar player Billy had when Barry left the band. I would love to hear From Jack or Billy, or any of the remaining band members that used to travel with Billy. Kim    



Tuesday, October 15, 2013 12:44:00 PM

I saw them in Nashville a long time ago and bought their album which I lost. Can anyone tell where I can get a CD.    



Friday, October 18, 2013 7:14:00 AM

Google Billy ThunderKloud. There are several sites with CDs.    



Sunday, November 03, 2013 4:52:00 PM

Billy was a great person and performer.    



Friday, April 25, 2014 5:20:00 PM

The CLOTHING Billy ThunderKloud and the Chieftones "wore" during their entertaining career....was WELL LIKED by their FANS! MOST Native Americans in late 1960's through the 1970's WORE all kinds of Native American designs on their clothes and lots of accessories....LOOK AT ALL Elvis's Jump Suits he had MADE and WORE in the 1970's! MARVIN RAINWATER, Native American singer, song writer wore fringes, feathers and etc.! The KLAUDT FAMILY Gospel Singers WORE Native American costumes...BUT SOME "fans" DIDN'T; so they wore "white" people's clothes/hair styles! {dresses for girls and suits for boys} Then the group REDBONE, all members had a "little" Native American-blood. They took off the suits from the 1960's and let their hair grow and wore Native American clothes...and WHO CAN FOR GET...."C-H-E-R"...and her song HALF BREED/Indian Pony and HER Native costumes on the Sonny & Cher Show and Cher's Show! Everybody that WAS Native American was PROUD to BE THEMSELVES and wear THEIR Heritage! WISC. Fan    



Tuesday, November 03, 2015 11:53:00 AM

Billy and I spent many hours just talking and balancing coins on end at a Nashville bar we both frequented. I often wonder where he landed. I met his ex-wife many years ago at a flea market in Nashville. I was buying one of his albums from a flea market vendor and she walked up and asked me if I liked him. I said I know him and she said "So do I, I was married to him." Don't recall her name, and don't recall if Billy was still in Nashville at the time. Would love to chat with Billy if anyone knows how to contact him. Gary Cobb
   



Monday, February 13, 2017 9:55:00 AM

CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO CONTACT BILLY??? i HAVE WONDERED ABOUT HIM FOR YEARS, SINCE I WAS VERY YOUNG. WE MET HIM AT THE DALLAS BOAT SHOW AND I HAVE NEVER FORGOTTEN HIM. I STILL HAVE MY ALBUM. IF ANYONE HAS ANY CONTACT INFO, PLEASE CONTACT ME AT SJFAULK@AOL.COM.
THANK YOU    



Sunday, April 30, 2017 8:10:00 AM

TO: Billy ThunderKloud and The Chieftone FANS :) HI :) You CAN FIND this Group on You Tube :) :) A WONDERFUL Fan POSTED a LIVE Video of Billy ThunderKloud and The Chieftones, The Chieftones are wearing their BEAUTIFUL Indian Head Dresses. GO to YouTube; TYPE Billy ThunderKloud and The Chieftones; What Time Of Day video-#16 Hit in 1975 :)
Another GENEROUS Fan POSTED their WHOLE Album: All Through The Night because Fans requested; CRAZY HORSE, Battle Hymn Of The Republic, Testament, Little Arrows, Put A Little Love In Your Heart, Open Up Your Heart, Thinking About You, Running Bear and the rest of the songs. UNDER; The Chieftones, Mona Lisa 1965, there is the First Half of their song; Big Fat Woman, RANG DANG DOO was TAKEN OFF :( so was DO LORD :(
Other songs UNDER; Billy ThunderKloud and The Chieftones are; Pledging My Love, Kaw-Liga, Mr. Dee Jay and M U C H M O R E :)
Web Site: Appearing In The Motel Lounge: 2011. .Type in their Name at the Top. . BOTTOM of that next page you get to hear the WHOLE songs; MY WAY and Love Story :) :)
MORE SONGS ARE COMING :) :) :) to YouTube :) :) You can BUY their Albums and SOMETIMES, Key Chains, Necklace, Booklets, a T-shirt, ETC. on e-Bay.com Their 45's are sold on e-Bay.com UNDER the RECORD LABELS and Song Titles :) :)
Take Care; from Wisc. Fan    



Sunday, January 21, 2018 5:22:00 PM

Make Your Choice -SAW    



Tuesday, June 05, 2018 8:36:00 PM



Billy ThunderKloud passed away on June 5, 2018 from complications from a stroke/pneumonia at his home in Palm City, FL.

Born Vincent Clifford on May 7, 1948 in the village of Kispiox in British Columbia and raised in the village of Kitwanga. Billy was a hereditary frog clan chief, belonging to the Gitksan tribe. His Chieftainship name was Chief Dau-Hkansqu. At age 14, he hopped a train from Port Edward, BC to the Indian Residential School in Edmonton, Alberta. As part of a school experiment, Billy was selected from 120 students, along with three other students, to form a musical group. The group was formed to familiarize the non-Indian with the young Indian of today. Billy and the band began touring the US in 1964 as The Chieftones, with Billy (Vince), as the lead singer. In 1965, they released their first two singles “Rang Dang Doo” and “Mona Lisa.” During the next three years, they released five singles for the Claremont, Cuca and Youngstown labels, and were represented by the William Morris Agency. Their song "I Shouldn't Have Did What I Done" is featured on the 2014 compilation album Native North America, Vol. 1.

In 1972, Billy adopted the stage name Billy ThunderKloud and the group was billed as Billy ThunderKloud and the Chieftones, signing a recording contract with Superior Records, owned by Duane Allen of the Oak Ridge Boys. Two albums were released on Superior Records. In 1974, Billy signed a recording contract with 20th Century Records and moved to Nashville. Billy and the Chieftones signed with Buddy Lee Attractions in October 1974 for exclusive bookings, and in 1975 added five musicians to the band. After 20th Century closed its record label, Billy signed with Polydor Records. Hit recordings include What Time of Day (20th Century), Pledging My Love (20th Century), Indian Nation (Polydor), Try a Little Tenderness (Polydor), and It's Alright (Polydor). The single What Time of Day not only reached #16 on the country charts but #32 on the AC charts and #92 on the pop charts. One of Billy's greatest achievements was when he was chosen Outstanding Indian of the Year in 1975. Billy and the Chieftones performed at President Nixon's second Inaugural Ball. Billy was a Kentucky Colonel and was also named an honorary Shriner. Billy continued touring until 1991.

Billy was retired and living in Palm City, FL at the time of his death. He's survived by his wife, Bev, daughters Shawnee (Nick), Chey Kuzma (Sam), and three grandchildren.

At Billy's request, there will not be a service. If you would like, you may make a donation in memory of Billy to National Indian Child Welfare Association, Shriners Hospital for Children, St. Jude's Children's Hospital, American Diabetes Association, or a charity of your choice.    



Sunday, June 24, 2018 10:55:00 PM

Sabung Ayam Resmi 2018 klik di sini
cheat games online
http://www.sateayam.net/

disini!
dan dapatkan seputar sabung ayam hanya di sini www.Sateayam.org

https://siswaburung.tumblr.com/post/175224462531/type-ayam-aduan-super-di-sabung-ayam-on-line    



Saturday, September 22, 2018 7:55:00 AM

* LETS JOIN AND FEEL SENSATION TO PLAY *

Ayambangkok Pukul KO

Sejarah Sabung Ayam Toraja

Sabung Ayam Toraja

Sabung Ayam Pisau

Sabung Ayam Filipina

Sabung Ayam Online Terpercaya

* VISIT OUR SITE AT *

www.bakarayam.net


* ONLY HERE YOU CAN FEEL CONTINUOUS VICTORY *

http://bakarayammarketing.blogspot.com/2018/09/manfaat-cacing-tanah-untuk-kemampuan.html    



Wednesday, July 03, 2019 11:05:00 PM

ralph lauren uk
moncler
kd 11
christian louboutin shoes
louboutin shoes
air max 270
air max 270
yeezy
yeezy 700
nike huarache
   



Thursday, July 25, 2019 8:32:00 PM

Rajajudi14 Agen Judi Online yang terdapat banyak macam game hanya dengan satu usergame saja:

- Judi bola
- Live casino
- Slots
- Lotre
- Poker
- dan masi banyak lagi

Menawarkan berbagai bonus menarik diantaranya:

- Bonus New Member Sportbook dan Casino 20%
- Bonus Next Deposit 5%
- Bonus Cash Back 5%
- Bonus Turnover Poker 0,5%

Support Bank:
- BCA
- BNI
- BRI
- MANDIRI

segera kunjungi kami di website kami Rajajudi14
   



Tuesday, October 15, 2019 9:56:00 PM

Dalam bermain judi di situs judi bola. Perlu di lakukan hal - hal yang khusus, Kita harus mencari situs judi bola yang sangat terpercaya di indonesia. Karna dengan hal itu berapapun kemenangan yang akan anda dapatkan pasti akan di bayar 100%.    



Monday, February 03, 2020 11:34:00 PM

free-counter.tv    



Saturday, February 15, 2020 2:27:00 AM

mk-board.net .com    



Wednesday, February 19, 2020 7:42:00 AM

mpo99


   



Wednesday, February 26, 2020 4:37:00 AM

This article is very well written. Please share. Thank you.
tonybang2.getblogs.net
   



Thursday, March 05, 2020 11:19:00 PM

judi poker terpercaya    



Saturday, March 21, 2020 4:09:00 AM

This article is very well written. Please share. Thank you.
tonybangjak69.wixsite.com
   



Thursday, April 30, 2020 9:13:00 PM


It was great. I like it. Please share. Thank you.
bloglovin.com
   



Wednesday, May 20, 2020 6:57:00 AM

This article is very good. We would like to leave a good article. To read more articles, click here >>>
ข่าวหวย
ข่าวหวย
ข่าวหวย
howto
ข่าวหวย    



Wednesday, May 20, 2020 9:34:00 AM

Let's try to read my article. I intend to do it a lot. ความสวยความงาม | สุขภาพ | ความรัก | เรื่องของผู้หญิง | การทำขนม    



Wednesday, May 20, 2020 10:04:00 AM

Follow, read sports news here >> ข่าวบอล    



Saturday, May 23, 2020 9:09:00 AM


สูตร
เคล็ดลับ
ไก่ชน
   



Sunday, June 14, 2020 12:20:00 AM


Negotiate a new contract
Under Armour
Milk benefits

   



Monday, June 15, 2020 7:49:00 AM


Want to return
Love crush
Trainer chan
   



Monday, June 15, 2020 8:16:00 AM

หวยฮานอย
แทงบอลออนไลน์ให้ดี
A good article gives a lot more knowledge about this. I will continue to support your work. Thank you.
สล็อตซามูไร    



Wednesday, June 17, 2020 3:29:00 AM


Repeat it again
Football program
Popular media release news
   



Friday, July 03, 2020 5:28:00 AM

Baccarat
RANKING TOP 5
Football Preview
   



Sunday, July 05, 2020 7:52:00 AM


Man city
4 Baccarat game tricks
Hanoi Lottery    



Monday, July 06, 2020 9:18:00 AM

For those who are home already bored Come to earn money here หวยออนไลน์    



Saturday, July 18, 2020 5:39:00 AM

At this time, Covid-19 has suffered a severe epidemic causing unemployment. Don't worry. Try this link to get the answer here. แทงบอล    



Sunday, July 19, 2020 5:20:00 AM

Your article is great. Come in, read my stuff, click. >> คาสิโนออนไลน์    



Thursday, July 23, 2020 6:06:00 AM

This is my blog. Click here.
แนะนำ สูตรบาคาร่า วิธีการเล่น ผ่านเว็บ ได้เงินจริง
Support me
iphonemodxx2    



Friday, July 24, 2020 7:33:00 AM

รีวิวลิปกลอสสุดปัวปังปี 2020
สครับปากสุดฮอต
   



Sunday, July 26, 2020 1:37:00 AM

https://jeffryalexander1987.blogspot.com/2014/02/social-media-marketing-tips-that-works.html?showComment=1595752464382#c7560037136620607532    



Sunday, July 26, 2020 1:38:00 AM

Your article is great. Take a look at mine. คาสิโน    



Sunday, July 26, 2020 3:57:00 AM

I will be looking forward to your next post. Thank you

Dara daily    



Monday, July 27, 2020 7:34:00 AM


ข่าวฟุตบอล/ผลบอล
ไลฟ์สกอร์ข่าวฟุตบอล
ติดตามข่าวแมานฯยู
ข่าวแมนยู
อัพเดทข่าวกีฬา
ข่าวกีฬา
ข่าวฟุตบอล/ทีเด็ด
ทีเด็ดฟุตบอล

thank you    



Wednesday, July 29, 2020 6:29:00 AM


Premier League
Table
Laos lottery vs Thai lottery
Formula
fun88club
zaza000
188betgroup    



Wednesday, July 29, 2020 7:14:00 AM


How to สีเล็บเจลสุดฮิต
How to เล็บเจล
   



Wednesday, July 29, 2020 9:07:00 AM

Your article is great. Come in, read my stuff, click. >> fun88club
zaza000
188betgroup
มวย ออนไลน์    



Wednesday, July 29, 2020 12:11:00 PM

Online gambling websites, if interested, try to come see zazasudawan fun88club zaza000.hatenablog 188betgroup    



Saturday, August 01, 2020 2:14:00 AM

ติดตามข่าวแมนฯยู ได้ที่นี่ข่าวแมนยู อัพเดทรายวัน    



Wednesday, August 05, 2020 3:21:00 AM

WOW! I Love it...
and i thing thats good for you >>


THE MOVIE Thank you!    



Friday, August 07, 2020 12:17:00 AM

update PRIVATEPARTY HUM nutrition

HUM
   



Monday, August 10, 2020 2:58:00 AM


Roulette
Ronnie
Slavic play
McNeill
v9betonline
alpha88group



   



Friday, August 14, 2020 1:21:00 AM

This is my blog. Click here.
ข้อดีของคาสิโนออนไลน์    



Monday, August 24, 2020 6:51:00 AM

Tips for using Baccarat Formula
Ball analysis technique
How to play slots for money
Singapore Lottery
betwayonline
reviewer24

   



Monday, September 07, 2020 5:00:00 AM

update Reviews
Reviews
   



Wednesday, September 09, 2020 10:07:00 PM

QQSLOT situs judi slot online ternama yang memberikan anda peluang untuk bermain dan mendapatkan jackpot besar.    



Tuesday, September 29, 2020 4:07:00 AM

Situs judi online terkemuka dan terbesar di Indonesia Judi Deposit Pulsa    



Wednesday, December 23, 2020 6:11:00 AM

MPO99 Situs Slot Casino Online Agen Bola Terpercaya    



Wednesday, December 30, 2020 8:14:00 AM

http://vr898.net    



Saturday, January 30, 2021 5:39:00 AM

Semua kenangan yang ada mulai dari permainan judi online slot yang kamu Temui saat ini seperti QQSLOT perlu anda ketahui memiliki banyak jackpot besar untuk anda menangkan setiap harinya.    



Wednesday, February 10, 2021 2:34:00 PM


DAFTAR QQ101
QQ222
DAFTAR QQ288
DAFTAR QQ188
LINK ALTERNATIF QQ222
DAFTAR QQ1221    



Tuesday, March 02, 2021 8:23:00 PM

กลโกงบาคาร่า ufabet 678    



Monday, May 03, 2021 9:11:00 AM

Keeep on working, great job!    



Thursday, June 10, 2021 1:42:00 AM

Introducing the number one gambling website with the most betting games, click here.

พนันบอลออนไลน์
เกมไพ่ป๊อกเด้งเล่นบนมือถือ
เว็บพนันสำหรับคนไทย
การเล่นพนันบอลออนไลน์
เว็บพนันยูฟ่าเบทที่ทันสมัย
3 สเต็ป แทงบอลสเต็ป
แทงบอลออนไลน์
เกมยิงปลา การพนันที่เล่นง่าย    



Thursday, June 17, 2021 10:18:00 AM

"Casinos are a spot where gamblers got money manufcclub
7mlivescore"    



Friday, June 18, 2021 5:26:00 AM

Easy to play online game Can play in mobile, huge profit
เล่นเกมยิงปลา
วิธีเล่น น้ำเต้าปูปลา
เกมยิงปลา ได้เงินจริง

สมัครแทงบอลออนไลน์

ยิงปลาเกมออนไลน์
เล่นหวยออนไลน์
สูตรบาคาร่า แม่นๆ
เกมเดิมพัน รูเล็ตออนไลน์    



Friday, July 16, 2021 5:39:00 AM

เกมน้ำเต้าปูปลาออนไลน์ ได้เงินจริง แบบไม่มีขั้นต่ำ
รูเล็ตออนไลน์ รูปแบบหมุนเอง เล่นยังไง
สูตรหวยยี่กีออนไลน์ 3 ตัวตรง เล่นยังไง    



Wednesday, July 21, 2021 4:33:00 AM

Casino online gambling website, low investment, good profit, click here

Slot เกมสล็อตออนไลน์

Sicbo ไฮโลออนไลน์

หวยออนไลน์    



Thursday, July 22, 2021 5:40:00 PM

SLOT88 SLOT88 SLOT88    



Sunday, September 26, 2021 2:43:00 AM

เกมส์ยิงปลา-แตกง่าย
แทงน้ำเต้าปูปลาออนไลน์
เทคนิคเบื้องต้น-ไพ่เสือมังกร
   



Sunday, September 26, 2021 5:20:00 AM

วิธีเล่น บาคาร่า pantip
น้ำเต้าปูปลา pc
วิธีเล่น น้ำเต้าปูปลา    



Wednesday, September 29, 2021 4:13:00 AM

This comment has been removed by the author.    



Sunday, October 17, 2021 1:06:00 AM

หวยลาว4ตัวตรง
พนันออนไลน์ เว็บไหนดี
โปรแกรมสล็อต
การพนันออนไลน์ ได้เงินจริง

   



Tuesday, October 19, 2021 5:23:00 AM

It's a very knowledgeable content.
หวยลาว4ตัวตรง
พนันออนไลน์ เว็บไหนดี
โปรแกรมสล็อต
การพนันออนไลน์ ได้เงินจริง    



Wednesday, November 17, 2021 5:50:00 PM

เกมคาสิโนในระบบออนไลน์
คาสิโน ออนไลน์
เว็บพนันที่ดีที่สุด
คาสิโนออนไลน์ เว็บตรง
เว็บพนันออนไลน์

   



Saturday, November 27, 2021 9:46:00 PM

It is superb seeing that ones other posts: D, thanks intended for posting. บาค่าร่า ฟรีเครดิต
   



Thursday, December 23, 2021 3:14:00 AM

เว็บบาคาร่า    



Thursday, January 27, 2022 3:04:00 AM

Thank you for your post, I look for such article along time. myself very happy to read it because it can give me more insight, thanks.. Visit my blog..thankyou

Slot88
Megaslot888
Mpo88
Nagaslot99    



Thursday, January 27, 2022 3:14:00 AM

I just loved your article on the beginners guide to starting a blog.If somebody take this blog article seriously in their life, he/she can earn his living by doing blogging.

Qqslot88
Macau88
Hokibet77
Naga777 Slot    



Tuesday, February 22, 2022 3:04:00 AM

ไฮโลออนไลน์ ได้เงินจริง
ซื้อหวยรัฐบาลออนไลน์
สล็อต เว็บตรงไม่ผ่านเอเย่นต์
เชลซี (อังกฤษ) -VS- ลีลล์ (ฝรั่งเศส)
ลีดส์ ยูไนเต็ด ยืนยันว่าจะลงโทษแบนแฟนบอล    



Friday, March 11, 2022 4:33:00 AM

Thank you so much really it s amazing content Thanks for your Hardworking keep it up !

M303 Slot    



Sunday, April 03, 2022 10:12:00 PM

Your information it's very helpful Thx.
ค่ายเกมสล็อต
รีวิวบาคาร่า
ปป-แทงบอล
slot
เลขเด็ด    



Saturday, August 13, 2022 2:10:00 AM

supreme
yeezy 500
yeezy shoes
kyrie irving shoes
jordan 11
moncler
kyrie 7
nike sb dunk low
kyrie 7
yeezy
   



Friday, December 15, 2023 3:27:00 AM

golden goose
yeezy outlet
fear of god
jordan 1 mid
pg shoes
   



» Post a Comment