When I Get Big, I'm Gonna Be A Queen




:: Barbara Davis (vocals by Linda Lane) - Tears Help ::

I love song poem albums, but most of the time the songs are as mundane
as the names of the people who wrote them. Margaret Coles. Paul Sully.
Jack White. But then when you're about to nod off, something happens
that makes you say, "w-w-what?".

One listen to Tears Help and you'll know what I mean. No further
explanation is necessary. I always wonder if the person who wrote the
poem was happy with the finished product, but in this case I'd be
surprised if Barbara Davis was disappointed.



A lot of times the spoken word sections of song poems are there
because the singer couldn't figure out any way to phrase the words
within the arrangement, but Barbara Davis obviously knew what she was
doing. This song wrote itself.

A fine vocal by Linda Lane with music written by Alex Zanetis and Jim
Ward. The album's title is Hit Songs of Tomorrow, and that may very
well be. The problem is tomorrow never comes. Tears help.


[sniff]Mike
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment