Is You Is, Or Is You Isn't A Song Poem?





:: Dane Jenkins – Weekend Wino (Wine-O) ::

I know it’s been bugging you for years. What would happen if you were somehow able to combine the smooth country-pop stylings of The Oak Ridge Boys with the fanciful beach bum musings of Jimmy Buffett? I think I have your answer. Weekend Wino. Part of me suspects that between the hokey name of the label (Star-Gems Records??) and the no frills appearance of the record itself, this is really a song poem. I found some Dane Jenkinses on the web: a sports memorabilia dealer, a sheriff’s deputy, and an apparent Scientologist; but alas no Dane Jenkinses who have a music career. Throw in a chartreuse label that’s as putrid as the rhymes in the chorus, and an anonymous P.O. Box in Santa Monica, and the whole thing just reeks of song poem. Well, I love song poems. Even if this isn’t one, it might as well be, and I relish every awkwardly crammed-in word.


Tony
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Friday, October 07, 2005 6:27:00 AM

I love your information on sports memorabilia I bookmarked your blog and will be back soon. If you want, check out my blog on sports memorabilia exposed - please come by    



Friday, October 07, 2005 6:46:00 AM

I really liked the info on your site about sports memorabilia - nice work. I've just started my own sports memorabilia secrets blog and would really appreciate you stopping by    



Friday, October 07, 2005 10:08:00 AM

Found a lot of useful info on your site about sports memorabilia - thank you. Haven't finished reading it yet but have bookmarked it so I don't lose it. I've just started a sports memorabilia blog myself if you'd like to stop by    



Friday, October 07, 2005 10:23:00 AM

Great work on your blog - it was very enlightening. You've got a lot of useful info on there about sports memorabilia so I've bookmarked your site so I don't lose it. I'm doing a lot of research on sports memorabilia exposed and have just started a new blog - I'd really appreciate your comments    



» Post a Comment